** WARNING ** If pictures with blood make you queezy, don't look at the one below.
Harley had to make her first trip to the ER this week. Thankfully, it was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. We actually don't know how she got her injury, but as we were getting ready to walk out the door (almost literally), she laid on the floor and rolled over for us to pet her belly. Pretty unusual for her, especially at this time of night; she is usually bringing her ball to us asking to play fetch or jumping on Dustin since he hasn't been home all day with her. So, we lovingly pet our pretty pup. :) I noticed what I thought was a clump of mud on her chest, which didn't seem too odd since she'd been rolling around in the front yard with the neighbor dog just an hour or two earlier. Then I noticed it was red. As I looked closer, I saw the large gash in her skin. Crazy girl! So we by-passed dinner with our friends (sorry that we missed your party, Alex!) and spent the evening at the ER vet clinic. A few hours later and a bill that wasn't as horrific as we envisioned, we made it home with just six stitches and a few prescription pills. The toughest part of this whole ordeal: I have to figure out a way to keep a one year old golden retriever puppy "calm for 10-14 days." Good luck!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment